Friday, November 25, 2016

Turkeyless Day 2016

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love the smells, the decor, the family and friends, and the weather.  Yesterday's forecast suited my taste well.  It rained pretty much all day long.  Nothing like watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while drinking coffee, snuggling with the "kids" and listening to the rain come down.

This is our second Thanksgiving cooking completely vegan, and we are getting pretty great at it!  We made homemade cranberry sauce, cauliflower stuffing, cauliflower mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, brussel sprouts, pumpkin pie, and a turkeyless turkey!  My love for animals extends past cats and dogs, and I just didn't want to be responsible for a turkey's life. 

I love making things from scratch so my favorite thing to prepare was the pumpkin pie!  Who knew that homemade pie crust was just flour, water, and salt!?  Not me!  We had a leftover pumpkin from Halloween so I even made my own pumpkin puree.  It's the simple things that really make me happy!  The "turkey" was fun to make as well, especially since we made the loaf into the shape of a turkey.  GOBBLE GOBBLE!

There are so many things to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for my "Partner in Farm", my family, my job, all of my furry and feathery kids, and lots of vegan websites that helped us prepare this cruelty free feast!  Happy Holidays!!
   

















No comments:

Post a Comment