Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th...again!

Funny that there are two "Friday the 13ths" this year...and it's only July!  Lots has changed since last 13th of Friday..well I guess not "lots" but I sit here writing with a broken foot and a new job!  I now work as an Animal Care Technicial at the Oregon Humane Society.  I started on the 2nd and am loving it so far!  I work in the Cattery and have learned how to give medication and vaccinations to kitties as well as draw blood, microchip, and just making sure they are healthy and adoptable.  Unfortunately the day before my first day I broke my FOOT! I have a spiral fracture on the 5th metatarsal of my left foot.  I guess it doesn't help that we went to Vegas for 4 days and I was hobbling all over the place.  Right now I'm on strict doctors orders not to bear any weight at all on the foot for 6 weeks ~ she wanted me not to work at all but I can't stay away from the Humane Society!  Luckily they are working with me and can accomodate my injury.  If I were still in the service industry I'd be in big trouble.  Cam and the pups have been doing an amazing job of keeping me company and taking care of me :)  Here's to a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment