Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Buenos Aires Bound!

I can't believe that in 2 days we will be in Buenos Aires, Argentina!  We've had our passports for 4 years, and are finally putting them to use outside of Mexico and Canada.  We've conquored lots of cities in the US of A and now it's time to explore other parts of the world!  I feel so lucky to be able to accompany Cam and be a part of Tales of the Cocktail on Tour.  It'll be nice to be in a foreign country and recognize familiar faces.  Tales has their annual event in New Orleans in July and since 2008 we've been turning Cam's work assignment into a mini NOLA vacation, and making some pretty cool bayou friends!  We arrive to Argentina on Saturday morning and will be attending seminars and amazing meals as part of Tales while Cam does the documenting and I do the eating and drinking ;)  The convention is over on Monday, and then we are on our own to relax and explore!  It's the end of summer, beginning of fall in Argentina, which south of the equator means 70 degree days! We've got a tango lesson under our belts, but I have a feeling we won't be doing much dancing.  My Poppa Bert arrives to Portland tomorrow to house sit and take care of the dogs, hens, and garden!  He'll probably head back to NY wearing overalls!

As excited as I am to explore new territory, I'm also really looking forward to getting back!  I love Portland and all that goes along with it. I love our simple house, our slim dogs, and our crazy chickens!  We'll only be gone for 10 days but I know when we get back we are going to notice many changes around the 'hood and in the garden.  My dad has visited once before and we had a lot of fun, but it was in the beginning of the year when things were cold, wet, dreary and dark!  There are so many outdoor things we can do with him when we get return.  This morning at 6:30am the sun was shining bright and it's not supposed to set until 8:08pm tonight.  It'll be nice to come home from a vacation to a few days of hanging out with Poppa Bert. 

See ya in May Portlandia!

No comments:

Post a Comment